Monday, January 23, 2012

Backpacks?

Hi Neil

Sounds like you're having a great season. Loving the Go Pro footage. I've just ordered one myself and will be bringing it to Norway.

I'm after a bit of advice about backpacks. I'm looking for a new 35L pack and had a look at the Ortovox Haute Route 35. However, the lower side straps are non-adjustable and according to the specs are too small to take the tail of a Solution in split mode. I guess they've been designed only with conventional skis in mind. Otherwise it looks like a really nice pack. Do you know if there is a way around this for when you may wish to carry the board in split mode? Or maybe you could recommend another good 35L pack?

Cheers


Simon Tuffen



Hi Simon,

You can put the splitboard across the Ortovox pack as a pair of skis.I prefer to put them on the side but this is a good pack and for the few times you need to carry your board as skis this works fine. I would however recommend the 45 ltr haute route pack over the 35L. It isn't much bigger on your back but fits your kit in a lot easier than the 35l.

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment