Monday, January 23, 2012

New Board/bindings and training regime?

Dear Neil,

I came on your tech course 3/4 seasons ago and following that completed BASI level 1 Since then steadily trying to progress and push my riding etc. I would be really grateful if you could give me your thoughts on the following :-

1. Need to replace my board and bindings after 3 years. I was Riding Super Model X trad camber (now obsolete) and Salomon relay XLT's. Looking for an All Mountain board. I borrowed a TRice last season and just could not get on with its hybrid camber at all. Any thoughts on board and bindings to aid progression would be much appreciated.

2. Any specific Gym work to help improve riding ? I am doing mostly compound exercises and climbing once a week but I just wondered if there was anything specific you have found good over the years ? I know you are super busy so no sweat if you take a pass.

Best wishes and hope to see you for split boarding course asap,

Matt


Hi Matt,

For an all round board the Jones Mtn Twin is great, easy to ride and fun to play around on. For a more serious ride, the Jones Flagship takes freeriding to the next level.

For bindings I've not found anything that beats the Burton Cartel and would recommend them to anyone.

Gym work – I work on leg power with free weight squats and Dead lifts, power lunges and lots of cycling.


I try to work out 4 times a week when I am riding during the winter, either an hour on the bike or half an hour if doing the weights.

Hope this helps?

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment