Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jones Snowboard question.

Hi Neil, 

I did a few BC courses with you 2002/03 but am more of a 'holiday' rider nowadays. I wanted your advice on Jones snowboard. I am 90kg size 10uk (salomon F20) so is it a wide board for me (not sure on JONES size specs). Mountain Twin looks good to me as I don't think I need the extra length like flagship as my BC riding is limited....thanks


Hi Chris,


I've just been out riding the all mountain twin 164 wide today. 

Very nice board, super easy to ride and very nippy from turn to turn. 

Easy to ride off piste, the rocker tip and tail help the nose ride up and the tail sink in the powder so saves the back leg burn but it is a little short for stability at speed. 

It's a real fun board for jibbing around on but as I mentioned, for me at least, a little short for higher speed stability so for general freeriding I'd definitely choose the 168 W Flagship.


Size 10 uk is not problem on this board.

The Jones All mountain twin and flagship boards are designed with camber under foot and a rocker tip and tail. The turn initiation point is brought closer to the foot by the rocker so they initiate turns like a board much shorter than the given length. Once on the edge, the board uses the full edge length so has the stability of the given length. Don't be scared off by the longer length of the 168 flagship if you're looking for an all mountain freeride board as it rides real easy. If you're looking for something to jib around on and play around the pistes then the A-M-Twin is great.


Hope this helps,


Neil.


No comments:

Post a Comment