Friday, November 11, 2011

Splitboard bindings?

Neil,

Looking at jones solution splitboard, I'm thinking of the 161 as it matches my height and weight.

Do you have an opinion on the bindings, spark or voile?

Can't remember what you had on your boards last year.

Liam


Hey Liam,

As the splitboards ride a little softer than a normal board I think you can ride them longer in length. 

The new Solution however has been stiffened up a touch so the 161 is probably good for you.

Last year I used the Spark R&D binding but changed the straps and high back for Burton Cartels, this year Spark have stiffened their high back and changed the straps to Burton straps anyway so its a pretty good set up now. One of the guys had the Voile bindings in greenland and they looked pretty good and he seemed happy with them. There's also the new Karakoram system on the market this year which is worth a look and looks like a pretty solid set up.

I've not tried the Karakoram set up yet but will try them and report back. The New Spark set up looks pretty good and the system works well, the Voile I've not tried but it looks solid enough, between the Voile and the Spark I'd probably be inclined to favour the spark as I know it.

I'll keep the Sparks on my test fleet but upgrade the highbacks and straps.

Hope this helps,

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment