Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jones Snowboard question.

Hi Neil, 

The snowboard question I have relates to the size of the board I have ordered.  I weigh around 73kg and I am wondering if the 164cm Flagship might be a bit on the long side for me.  I read on the McNab website that Neil is currently riding the Flagship and was hoping he may be able to give me some advice re. the size.  I am going to Japan in February and I'm a bit worried that a 164cm might be difficult to manoeuvre through the trees!


Hi Mark,
With regards the following question about the Flagship.

The flagship has rocker at the tip and tail, which brings the turn initiation points closer to your front foot, making it initiate turns like a shorter board. Once on the edge, the edge length includes the rocker tip and tail and so it is more stable riding as a longer board. This is a full on Freeride board and is made for the powder so the 164 is the perfect choice for you!

It’ll be amazing in the trees, don’t worry, just look at the gaps not the trees and it will rock!

Neil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment